By: Kyla Coan
I cannot believe how fast this semester has gone! It seems crazy that this is the last weekend before Hell Week and Finals! A lot of you have a million and twenty-three things to do this weekend, but I would also strongly recommend making time to relax! Here are some of my favorite tips to unwind and prepare myself for the stress of Hell Week and Finals.
- Do something creative or active! Some people like to paint, some people like to hike, whatever your thing is, find a couple of hours to do what makes you happy.
- Cook and eat a healthy homemade dinner. You will probably resort to eating cheap and unhealthy food a lot these next couple of weeks, so treat your body decently this weekend with a yummy healthy meal or two!
- SLEEP!!!! You will lose more than enough sleep over the next couple of weeks, so this weekend, make sure to get some good sleep.
- Take a long hot shower or bath. This always helps relax even my most tense muscles, and studies show its a great way to relax.
- Make a study schedule. It helps to write down everything, and break things up into more manageable tasks or chunks of time. You may not adhere to it super strictly, but it can help you manage your time better!
- Consider trying to get your friends to agree to a fun activity together, even if it is something as simple as getting dinner together.
- Yoga! It will not only re-energize you, but it will help your body feel better after spending all day sitting and studying.
- Get some exercise. It releases good endorphins, and is a great outlet for stress or frustration.
That’s it from me this week, have a good weekend Rockers!